"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all"

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Fever

Okay, I am DYING for spring to get here already. We got spoiled last week with a couple of warm days and now it is FREEZING again. The windchill is ZERO out there right now. It just makes you appreciate those warm days even more. My mom wisely said once that God gives us those warm days to tide us over until Spring is really here. In a way to give us a reprieve. I have been thinking about how it is like that in life too. During Trials, we will always feel that warmth and love of the Lord just when we need it the most.
Nick is really starting to read and it is so exciting. I don't remember doing anything so complicated in Kindergarten. I think we just colored and went to centers.. now they are telling time on clocks, adding, subtracting and full out reading before first grade. Wow. He really loves the challenge of it and, I have to say listening a little one learn to read is the BEST!!! They sound everything out so literally. Nick was reading " A hiding place" He sounded out hiding properly, and than place was pronounced more like "plaque". I love it.
Shelley has had a rough week. First strep last week, and last night we were at the doctor because she was having pain in her lower right abdomen. Fun. It hasn't been ruled out completely, but the Doc doesn't think it is her appendix. Hopefully not! Poor girl.
I am going to go watch American Idol now. I am cool like that.
I hope that each of you feel warm today, even if it is cold outside :)

2 comments:

Tami said...

I miss you! I loved reading your post! It makes me feel like we are closer! I do love to watch my children learn to read, that is why I teach them! Have I ever told you how much I dislike the cold weather. WE had a nice day today and then cold the rest of the week.

Garrison Propaganda said...

just finished watching american idol myself! learning to read is such a great and exciting accomplishment. those warm days are great, but when theyre followed with freezing ones it makes spring seem so far away. yuck hopefully the strep doesnt pass to anymore family members, and hopefully its not more than just strep!