"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all"

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Birthday week!

Richard will be another year older this week. His Birthday is this Thursday the 26th. Last night we had several of our good friends over for a birthday get together for him. We ate munchies and just relaxed. It was really fun. The weekends go too fast. The kids have been enjoying the nice weather.. literally they have been outside almost all day. I have had to set limits on when they have to be in for a time, I am constantly trying to keep track of them and it is a little stressful.
Holly wants to be out there with them constantly, and that can't happen. Matthew and Shelley are wonderful about letting her come play with them for a bit and keeping an eye on her for me. I have felt so lucky to have older helper kids that make surviving toddler years so much easier. They are fabulous kids.
We had a nice day at church today. We are so lucky to have such a great ward and to love our church and the gospel so much! I am constantly reminded of the great blessing that being a member of the church is.
I am really ready for Summer! Really ready, I look forward to summer days with my kids. I can't believe that Matthew will be in Junior High next year. He turns twelve and receives the Priesthood this spring as well. My little boy is becoming a young man. I say this all the time, but where has the time gone? It doesn't seem twelve years with him, just a moment if you ask me. My children are my world, and I want to enjoy and relish each day I have with them, because I know that one day my little ones will be all grown up and I will miss them terribly. I will remind myself this every morning when I am struggling to get everyone ready for school on time ;).
Holly did really well in nursery today. Didn't cry and was happy! YAY!! I am thankful for little blessings these days. I am learning so much these day. Learning from mistakes, trying to be a better person and looking to the future instead of looking back. Each day is a gift. I am grateful for today and for all my blessings.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Katie
It was fun hearing from you! I am glad things are going well for you and your cute little family!

lacey said...

Hey Katy! I found your blog! Now we can be blogging buddies, how fun! Thanks again for coming over Sat. night, you and Richard are a lot of fun!

Tami said...

Happy belated birthday Richard!

Aimee - Choose To Be Better said...

You are so good. And I don't say that lightly. You really are. Such a good mom and wife and person. It's good to be grateful for all the little things...good, but not easy. Good for you! I am glad that you have been feeling happy!!

heidi said...

Hey, I should take piano lesson. What do you charge?