"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all"

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Like Sands through the Hour Glass....

So ready for the weekend again! We have been so busy these days, as usual. Richard's birthday is next week. 37 now...yikes Richie... just kidding. He looks pretty darn good if you ask me!
I am going to start potty training Holly next week. It is definitely time, she will be three next month. We are a little behind. I think, scratch that, I know it is just me getting geared up to actually go through with it. Here soon she will officially be a baby no longer.
I am a piano teaching fool. I have like 33 students now!!! Don't ask me how, because I don't think I even know. But, somehow with Richards support we get it all done and somehow stay afloat.
Last weekend we rearranged the whole house. It feels so much more functional now and I am really enjoying it.
I have so many random thoughts right now.. I think I might be a little A.D.H.D. tonight :)
So, Happy Weekend, Happy Birthday Richard (26th) and Happy Day!
So earlier this week... We had the most gorgeous Monday! The kids didn't have any school on Monday so I told them Sunday night that we would have a picnic lunch at our little park by our house. Nicholas was so thrilled. He asked about it over and over before bedtime, and then was standing at my bed at 7 a.m. asking when our picnic would begin. I was so pleased he was so excited. It was such a simple thing to plan and made him so happy. All the kids loved it. It was like 73 degrees while we were there, and we had a BLAST. The kids loved their simple peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, apples and chips. Matthew and Shelley met up with their friends and had so much fun too. We went with our neighbors and had fun sitting and visiting and relaxing in the beautiful sun. It made everyone happy to feel the warmth of the sun. It made us all so anxious for Spring to officially be here! I really enjoyed being at the park with Holly now that she is a little older and not such a worry at the park. She had a ball, and I could actually sit back and chill watching them play and enjoy being kids. I felt truley free from all worries and stress and it was a wonderful day!!! I am always grateful for the days that I know my kids will remember as happy days in their lives. I wish I would have smart enough to take my camera... next time I won't forget. I am planning a picnic the next day we hit 70 degrees! Come on warmer weather!!!!

2 comments:

Jolisa said...

Hi Katy! It is so fun to see what you guys are up to. The weather here in AZ has been really beautiful, but I can feel the heat is on its way! I am trying to brace myself. Jason and Olivia went swimming last week (we have a pool in the backyard) and they were a tiny cold when they got out. I miss all our friends in NE and the ward. It is fun to keep tabs and see how you are!

rachaeljanae said...

I tried to potty train Jenna a few weeks ago and she very kindly informed me that she preffered diapers. Yeah! We can put it off for another few months!