"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all"

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine Boxes!

Getting ready for Valentine Parties. The next day school was cancelled due to snow, so hopefully they will get to collect their special Valentines next week. I found out quickly that I should not quit my day job as a piano teacher... I am officially the worst Valentine Box coverer. Poor Matthew had to endure my help. Crazy, because I do okay with Scrapbooking, but wrapping boxes... not so much. The kids had a fun Valentines Day. The weekend was full of snow, love, Snowball fights, love, mommy throwing out her back, V-day dates and LOVE.

FUNNY STORY......I thought I was calling home from Walmart. I was on auto pilot I guess, pushed my call button on my cell phone and someone answered. "Is Daddy there?" I asked.. the person on the other line goes "yes..." I then said "What is Daddy doing?"... Then my mother said "Katy, are you okay." Ooops.. I don't think I have called my dad "daddy"since I was little, and my mom was a little confused, and so was I. :) WE giggled on the phone, and I realized that I should probably slow down and pay attention to what I am doing. I have the best parents ever... have I ever mentioned that. Well, I do. :)


5 comments:

amanda said...

Yay for all of the posts! How fun. Not fun for you though if your back is still killing you. I can't believe you had the bday party for 3 hours. Gage's was 2 hours and I had just about had it after an 1 1/2!!! I'm sure it was so much fun for Nicholas though.
I love having a peek in your life through your blog :)

Tami said...

What a fun day! I love snow days where the kids get to stay home. That was quite a funny story about calling your dad. :-) I learned a new trick last year for covering boxes that works amazingly, use contact paper. They look nicer, they are re positionable, so if you make a mistake, you can move it around. I have to say the first year I did that my child;s box definitely looked the best. :-)

Joni Wiedrich said...

I hope your back feels better soon!!

Elise said...

Katy
I'm glad you found our blog. I love blogland!! Looks like you guys are doing great.
A 3 hour b-day party aahhhh!! mine are 1 1/2 hrs MAX!! I bet Nick had fun with all of his friends though. That is what is important. ;)

Jolisa said...

Katy! How are you guys? Omaha looks pretty cold. I think I would have traded it this summer though-it was crazy hot! Fun to check in with you! I am the Miamaid advisor in our new ward, and it makes me miss primary!