"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all"

Friday, November 21, 2008

So Grateful

It is that time of year to be feeling "thankful," and I feel thankful for so many things. First and foremost I have to say my testimony of the Savior and of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the one thing I can always count on. I am so grateful for my membership in the Church. I am so grateful for the direction it has given me. The joy it has brought into my life, and the peace it gives me everyday. My wonderful husband and my children are so wonderful. I have wonderful and loving parents and brothers, sister-in-law's, in-law's, etc. I am very blessed.

Today I have spent a lot of time examining my testimony of the church, and realized that it is so strong. Stronger than I even orignally thought. I am always reminded that through prayer the Lord is always waiting to lovingly listen, and through prayer you can feel his love fill your heart. We can find the answer to every question, we can find peace from any trial. He just asks for our faith, for our sincere and open heart to be ready to hear him. Faith is a hard thing sometimes. To believe what we cannot see. To trust something that we cannot "prove". I am just so grateful that the faith that I have is so steadfast and true. It truley is a blessing.
Sorry, that I am on a soapbox. I just had a lot of things on my mind today. I wanted to let my Family and friends know how grateful I am for them in my life, and for the Gospel that gives me such strenth and peace.

2 comments:

amanda said...

Awesome Katy. That's great you have this recorded for you family now too!

Tami said...

You do have a strong testimony. That is one of the things that drew me to you as a friend years ago. I am thankful for your friendship!