"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all"

Monday, November 10, 2008

All I want is a "Sun and a Hand"

Last night we told the kids to sit down and write their Christmas lists so we could get started on our shopping. It reminded me of a cute story that Nick did last November.. I know it is a year late in relaying the story, but too cute none-the-less. So last year he was struggling with letters and fine motor skills (he was only 4 at the time). We told the kids to write their top five things they wanted for Christmas. Matthew and Shelley speedily start making a list, when I told Nick "just draw what you would like since you don't know how to write yet" He seemed satisfied with this idea and began drawing on his paper. Richard and I left the room for a minute and came back to find what each list had in store. Matthew states several different things he wanted from psp games to a ripstick, Shelley said she wanted a NIntendo D.S. and clothes, and when it was Nick's turn he looks at his paper and says "I would like a Sun and a Hand." Richard and I looked at eachother thinking is this some kind of new toy... he than replies "I guess that is what I get to ask for because that is all I know how to draw" We died laughing. He is so hilarious sometimes.
So last night he let us know that since he is in Kindergarten now he can write what he would like this year. It was so darling... he tried so hard to sound out different words and things he saw in his toy magazine. Than stood with pride when he announced that he a "TAR HERO" Spelled completely wrong, and mainly because he thinks that guitar is pronounced "tar" But, it was fun to see him progress from his "Sun and his Hand" to attempting to spell.
The children decided Holly must want a tornado for christmas, because that is what her picture looked like :)
Kids make the Holidays So magical. What would we do without them?

2 comments:

Tami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tami said...

What a great story! Your kids are adorable! I miss you guys! I am so happy to see you blogging!